Friday, December 3, 2010

THE POLAR EXPRESS!

I have always wanted to take Breydon on The Polar Express ride in Connersville. He loves the movie and I knew he'd have a blast! We were able to purchase tickets! They sold out right after we bought our tickets! We couldn't wait! Breydon made a train on his calendar and we counted down the days! The day had finally arrived!!! We were all so excited. As we ventured out in the cold, the fog seemed to get worse! Then our exit to get on the main road was closed! Needless to say we were panicked!!! I called the train station 3 times and did everything but bribe them with money (I had spent every last dime on the tickets!). I was in tears. I couldn't help but think we were going to disappoint our son bigtime! I knew there were more important things going on in this world, but I prayed and prayed and prayed that the train would board late! It was going to break my heart if I had to look in my son's eyes and see his disappointment.

We finally reached Connersville and the fog was so thick you could barely see the front of the car! Cars were going 5 mph...it was awful. I was so sick. I just kept praying! John told me that we just had to get to 4th street. As we approached a street sign (that we could barely see), I realize that it said "33rd street!" What? How can this be? We will never make it! Finally, we arrived in downtown Connersville and I could see the front of the train. I grabbed Bubby out of his seat as fast as I could and we ran. I hollered at the conductor, "Please wait! Please wait!!" He said, "Hurry! Hurry!" We ran into the train station. They were on the phone trying to call us back to let us know they couldn't wait any longer. Thank goodness John got a parking spot up front and...WE MADE IT! When we finally arrived in our seats, I cried. I was so relieved and thankful. I know this may seem silly, but I'm so grateful to God for allowing us to have this experience with our son. I will cherish it forever!!! Here are the highlights from our trip!

P.S. The video is very dark, but you can hear the kids singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" to make Santa come out of his workshop. All of the children were dressed in their PJs. It was so cute!

1 comment:

mamaw said...

That was good. He was just so excited and he had a blast! I'm so glad you made it on time. He just loves that movie and has it memorized! That's all he could talk about!! Love you Bubby and glad you had such a great time!!!