Monday, August 12, 2013

MY PRECIOUS BOY...

Tonight we went to Breydon’s school for his ice cream social. I think we had more laughs than anything:

Breydon’s friend, Manny, came up to him and Breydon says, “Well, we meet again, Manny!”

As we’re walking down the hall he says, “Mom, I’m getting really old. Seeing all of these Kindergarteners when I’m in second grade makes me really feel like a Grandpa!” 

Breydon pointed to the “Rocket of Month” section in the teacher’s classroom and said, “Mom, that’s where they need to frame me!”

As I’m standing in the girls’ restroom waiting for Bayleigh to potty, Avery is pointing at her yelling at the top of her lungs, “Toywet scarwy! Toywet scarwy!” She’s still afraid to use the toilet. She’ll still be wearing diapers when she’s 16 and I think she’s okay with that. Guess I won’t have to worry about her dating life or lack thereof!

Good times...

But I’m gonna be one of “those Moms” and tell you that my heart literally melted when Breydon’s art teacher asked me to come into her classroom. My first thought as she pointed at me to come in the door was, “Oh No.” This was the first time I had met her and I can only imagine what she was going to tell me. She pointed to a note from Breydon from last year. It was a full-page note framed on her wall. She told me that Breydon was something special and that she received this from him while he was supposed to be completing an art project, but she didn’t mind. She framed it on her wall to use as her “inspiration.” The note told her how much she meant to him and how much he enjoyed being in her art class. He told her that she was a great teacher and very good at her art. I wish I had a copy of it. It was one of the sweetest, most kind words I’ve ever read from him. Tonight, he told her, “I hope you still keep this even when you’re 90 to help you remember!” We all cracked up! He never told us about the note to her. It was so neat to see that he had done that on his own.

I’m hoping and praying for a great year for him! We love you, Breydon! 

No comments: