Saturday, March 23, 2013

SOMETHING I NEVER WANT TO EXPERIENCE AGAIN THAT ONLY MADE MY HEART MELT AT THE SAME TIME



Boy, this winter has been terrible!  Our house could definitely be known as “The Sick House.”  We’ve had one virus after another.  In fact, another one hit at 1:30 a.m. this morning!  I’m so ready for spring!

A few weeks ago, we took a trip to Great Wolf Lodge.  We love that place!  It’s so nice and it’s convenient for little ones.  This trip was a reward for Breydon getting Rocket of the Month in November of last year!  We were so proud of him!  As you can see, we had a blast!


On our very last night in our upgraded room that we loved so much, Bayleigh spiked a high fever out of a nowhere.  I always keep my thermometer in the diaper bag, but unfortunately, it didn’t make our trip.  She was so miserable and it was scary.  We placed her in a cool bath around 1:30 a.m. and that seemed to cool her down.  At about 4:30 a.m. she started to get sick and everything went downhill from there.  I started screaming for John when I saw her eyes roll back in her head and she started seizing.  I’ve never been so scared in my life.  I’ve never had to dial 9-1-1 and I never care to again.  It was so scary seeing my daughter seizing and being out of town made it worse.  John was able to get her somewhat stable and the ambulance arrived.  I was so panicked.  Avery started to cry and kept yelling for Bayleigh as they took her out of the room.  It killed me.

Bay was a trooper.  She answered questions as best as she could and she held my hand all of the way to the hospital without shedding a tear.  She held it all together until they put her in the hospital bed.  God, love her.  She was so scared.  I believed she was much cooler when we arrived at the hospital and her temperature was still 105 then.  We had taken Dora (Bayleigh calls her “Duh”) with us to hospital so the staff was nice enough to do everything to "Duh" first so that Bayleigh wouldn’t be so scared.  Bay even put Band-Aids on Duh.  I felt like we were finally safe being at a hospital.  It wasn’t until they told me that she had to be catheterized that I realized how tough this was going to be and I prayed for God to give me strength to help her through this. 

I can tell you that seeing her eyes through this process will never leave my mind.  I kept begging them to get this over with.  After it was over, I held her so close.  Mostly to just hide my tears so that she wouldn’t be afraid.  They were able to get her fever down after several hours and they determined that it was a virus.  Bay was so happy when they brought her some Mickey Mouse and Princess stickers for being so good.  She even said that she wanted to give one to Sissy and Bubby.  I was finally starting to see my daughter again.  I knew she felt better.



Something happened after this ordeal that literally melted my heart like never before.  The door opened to the ER room and there stood Daddy, Breydon, and Avery.  Breydon and Avery ran to Bayleigh as Bayleigh held her arms out wide.  They were so worried about her.  Breydon made a sign for Bayleigh:




I truly believe the love in that room brought my Bay back.  She did much better once they arrived.  I realize that many people that I know deal with much bigger issues with their children and that I’m very fortunate that it was only a virus.  After experiencing this ordeal, I so feel for those parents that have gone through much, much more.  My heart aches for them.

Seeing the love in my children’s eyes meant so much to me.  They may fight and bicker, but I never realized just how much they really do love each other.  Seeing their smiles on their faces and the love in the room made me realize that I’m the luckiest Mom in the world.  God has blessed me with three beautiful children and they truly love each other and support each other through the good and the bad.  I couldn’t ask for anything more.


1 comment:

lishana said...

"My heart aches for them.
" good post