Saturday, May 21, 2011

TAKING IT TO HEART...

My DVR is about to explode. There are so many shows that I want to watch, but never seem to have the time. I try to watch them while I'm doing laundry or grabbing a quick bite of supper before the next feeding and bathtime. But, I never seem to make it all the way through and often use the fast forward button. I usually skim through my Oprah recordings just to see if there is anyone on the show that I like or anything that I think might be interesting. On one of her more recent shows, Oprah had a "Memorable Guest" show. She had a family on there that had been on the show years ago. The mother had been diagnosed with cancer and never got to see her daughter grow into the beautiful woman that she is today. She passed away when her daughter was 6. From the day that she was diagnosed, she made hundreds of recordings (video and audio) giving her motherly advice and sharing her love to her daughter so that she could have them through every stage in her life. I could not stop crying. I thought it was so incredible that she was able to share every thought that she ever had and every bit of advice that she could give to her daughter. Her daughter is a freshman now at Duke University and she listens or watches her mother's recordings once a month as it becomes harder for her to do it as often as she gets older. She misses her Mom, but she is so thankful that her mother did this for her. What a blessing that she is able to hear her mother's words of encouragement and to know her mother's thoughts on everything from potty training to what to look for in a husband.

While I may not always be able to record videos to express my thoughts or advice, I can't help but to think that if something should ever happen to me, I hope that I've done everything possible for my kiddos to know that they are loved more than a person could ever be love, cherished more than my own life, and that I could not feel more blessed to be their mother and to have them in my life. They are my life, my love, my world, my heart, my everything... I love you, Bubby, Bayleigh, and Avery!


2 comments:

mamaw said...

Well now that I'm sitting here reading this with tears in my eyes, whew!! Your kids are loved and I know they know it!! You are a good mommy!!! The kids grow so fast. Enjoy every little second with them. They are a blessing and love you very much too!! I love you too!!

Lisa Marie said...

Tears for sure. Thanks for sharing. I think you are one amazing Mother:) I miss you gus!!!y