Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OOPS...WRONG NUMBER

My family often reminds me that the motto of my life is "If it can happen, it happens to Nickie!" Well, unfortunately they're right! Now, I can add another "happening" to my list!

I was trying to reach out to a friend via text to see if she could meet me for breakfast. I quickly typed in the number and sent the message. I received a reply that says, "I won't be available until later in the p.m. gotta work in a.m." I thought the response was strange because I wasn't aware that my friend had a job on the weekend. So, I responded and said, "Ok, how about later in the day?" I then get a response that says, "Depends on when IndyGo let's me go. Probably between 3-5." With my confused look on my face I thought to myself...IndyGo? IndyGo? Why is she working for IndyGo? I then responded and typed, "I'm sorry. What are you doing? I don't remember?" The response..."Drive Bus." What? I typed, "Huh?" Why would my friend be driving a bus? Was I missing something?

Then...my phone rings. It's my friend...

Caller: "Hi." (male voice)
Me: "Hi. Who is this?"
Caller: "Mike Melton"
Me: "Who?"
Caller: "Mike Melton"
Me: SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just realized I had been texting someone by the name of Mike Melton and not my friend. Thank God he wasn't available for breakfast!

If only I could have been texting Peyton!!!!

2 comments:

mamaw said...

So funny!! And yes only you!!! Gosh why wasn't it Peyton!!! Watch what number you text next time Mike might be available for breakfast!!! Cracks me up!! HA!!!

The Bartlett Brothers said...

MIKE MELTON...I thought for sure your friend decided to drive an IndyGo bus!! :)